Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"A" Races, Take Your Places!

Today was a big day in Cheesy-Land! In the midst of my training for my spring "A" Race, the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon, I lined up my second "A" Race for 2015: The Chicago Marathon! I was able to gain guaranteed entry for 2015 through my BQ time of 3:38:09 at the 2014 Chicago Marathon. Women with times of 3:45 or below were able to skip the lottery and register with no stress. 

I qualified at your marathon -- you would hope that would speed up the process? We shall see!
For a few weeks post-Chicago, I was thinking about switching up my fall marathon for 2015.  There are so many great ones local to me, not to mention many others within a few hours' drive. But I have to confess that it feels good to "time qualify" for a marathon, and that warm, fuzzy feeling was the final nudge I needed to make my decision. Well played, Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Well played.

When I cross this photography spot this October, hopefully I will be hurting less, but just as close to a BQ! 
Training for the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon is in full swing -- only 9.5 weeks to go, and I can't wait! We (my husband, children and parents) booked our hotel rooms at a Green Bay waterpark close to the start line. I was pumped to snag some rooms there, since it eliminates the stress of entertaining the children during the post-expo downtime on Saturday, as well as post-race on Sunday. I also expect that the water will feel heavenly on my aching muscles after the race -- the lazy river and I have a Sunday afternoon date!

My next "see where I'm at" half-marathon is this Saturday at the Get Lucky Half Marathon in Chicago. My goal is to come as close to a PR as possible, knowing that I still have a few tune-up races left in the cycle. By Saturday evening, I will have a much more solid grasp on where my fitness lies and what training changes may be needed. I promise to fill you in as soon as possible. Go to my Facebook page for the quick-and-dirty recap, with a longer version to follow here soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hope I get in the lottery so we can do this one together again! Altho, you'll be waiting for me at the finish line... :)

    ReplyDelete